Saturday, August 20, 2011

PICKLES AND TICKLES


Look what I found at the Strand Bookstore. I mean, I had no idea Glenda Gumm was a published poetess! Here is a sample of her, um, work:

PICKLES AND TICKLES

the music in vermont is the death of romance

got a penny benny


sugar shack open tonight dingo man

dingodingodingo

i am awakened from numb slumber on asphalt velour

as i listen
to
your mind of masculine
sandpaper

my not
so secret

garden

blooming night blossoms to be picked and smoothed

like stones dripping
from your aunties dead eye socket
repeat repeat repeat
repeatedly repeat god no



dingo man
melts breaks
the barrier to melting lava

sticks stones and groovy

melting walls

melting 1 2 3
into a metal box childhood

glass shards proceed showers of unborn babies and lost gherkins

i am loving you loving me


strung me down dingo man
worship me whip me

smoke me

puff puff

-Glenda Gumm, 1975

No comments:

Sunnyvale

Followers

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/thejudygarlandexperience/

The Judy Garland Experience

Web Site Counter
Free Counter

Blog Archive