Tuesday, July 21, 2009
One of the new postings over at the Yahoo version of The Judy Garland Experience is Judy's great concert at JFK Stadium in Philadelphia.
This event, which took place on July 20, 1968, would prove to be Judy's last full length concert in the united states. There would be a four song set at Lincoln Center later that year, and an impromptu appearance with Anita O'Day at a Greenwich Village Jazz club in June of '69 (as well as a month long appearance in London in January of 1969, and a European tour in March of that year), but this concert would be her last in America.
Ironically Garland made her concert debut 25 years earlier, also in Philadelphia.
On this occasion Judy shared the stage with the legendary Big Band leader, Count Basie, and R&B Superstar, Jackie Wilson.
Basie and his boys sat in with Judy and added an extra power and swing to her orchestra and charts. And Judy? She was at the top of her game!
Follow this link and listen for yourself:
the real THE JUDY GARLAND EXPERIENCE
A FEW LINKS
- ► 2013 (108)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (935)
- ► 2010 (199)
- A JUDY MOMENT
- COMMAND PERFORMANCE with Judy, Frank Sinatra, and ...
- FRED ASTAIRE WON'T DANCE???
- THE JUDY GARLAND CLUB
- WHERE JUDY PLAYED 2
- FRED ASTAIRE
- JUDY AND JOAN AT THE PALACE
- WOODY HERMAN WHERE JUDY PLAYED
- JUDY AND BASIE SWING OUT JFK STADIUM
- NINA SIMONE AND LEE WILEY
- JUDY ROCKS THE PALLADIUM
- BOB CASANOVA RARE RECORDINGS
- COLE PORTER BY JUDY GARLAND
- JINX AND JUDY
- FOR ALL WE KNOW
- NEW HOMEPAGE AT THE YAHOO GROUP
- THE JUDY GARLAND EXPERIENCE
- Mae Day
- Michael Jackson WHERE JUDY PLAYED
- JUDY GARLAND AT THE TALK OF THE TOWN
- ▼ July (20)