Saturday, October 15, 2011

PLEASE SAY "AH"


PLEASE SAY "AH"

Written by Saul Chaplin and Mort Lindsey for Judy Garland (Jenny) and Dirk Bogarde (David) to sing in "I Could Go On Singing" (1963)

A fully orchestrated and sparkling demo recording of this song appears on First Hand Records new release:

JUDY GARLAND THE LONDON STUDIO RECORDINGS 1957-1964



Jenny: You've got that wonderful bedside manner I adore.

David: Please say "ah" ---

Jenny: Ahhhh, I've so many ailments for you to explore.

David: Please say "ah" ---

Jenny: Ahhhh, I'm always in pain. It sometimes makes me maniacal

David: I'm sure it's all in your ---

Jenny: Don't tell me that I am hypo-chondriacal.

I heard that before!



Jenny: How would it be if you just held my hand.

David: Really? Why?

Jenny: I mean it'll soothe my nerves. You understand.

David: Oh yes, quite.



Jenny: Right now while you have me close like this,

If somehow by chance we'd share a kiss,

I'm certain that I would feel much better by far.



David: Don't pucker your lips. Just open your mouth and please ---

Jenny: Yes? ---

David: Say ---

Jenny: Yes?? ---

David: Ahhh!

David: I think you may have a cold, although your throat is fine.

Jenny: Are you sure?

David: You're really not well. Your pulse is -- just divine!

Jenny: I'm so glad!



David: That headaches may come from all those beautiful glands you got.

Jenny: Would it be ethical if I said what lovely, sensitive hands you got?

David: You better had NOT!



Jenny: The fever you show is really rather sweet.

Jenny: OH! How nice.

David: My simple advice is -- just keep off your feet.

Jenny: HMM! Well, that's good.



Jenny: Should I become lonesome and depressed?

David: I'll be at your side you while you rest.

In fact I won't leave until you feel up to par.



Jenny: I'm suddenly feeling poorly again.

David: Then please ----

Jenny: Yes? ----

David: Say ----

Jenny: Yes?? ---

David: Ahhh!

David: I should examine your side --

Jenny: Now I --- ah, now that can wait a bit.

David: Yes, that's true.



David: You look somewhat flushed

Jenny: You look extremely fit -- and mature.



Jenny: You're terribly wise like Solomon and like Socrates.

David: And yet I wonder what's happened to my oath

to good ol' Hypocrates!

Jenny: Don't think of him please.



Jenny: You must be so weary.

David: YES!

Jenny: You're pale and wan. Rest a while.



David: Well, I'll stay for a mo --

Jenny: Good!

David: Then I must be gone.

Jenny: Hmm! Yes, I know.



David: So many more patients I must see.

Jenny: But first you must concentrate on me.

David: I think I've forgotten who the other ones are!



Jenny: Oh Doctor, you're doing so -- HA! -- that's good

David: I'm -- well, I'm not being misunderstood.

Jenny: You're doing what every good doctor should.





Jenny&David: So please --

David: Say ---

Jenny: Yes? ---



David: Ahhhh!

No comments:

Sunnyvale

Followers

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/thejudygarlandexperience/

The Judy Garland Experience

Web Site Counter
Free Counter

Blog Archive