Thursday, June 6, 2013

A MESSAGE FROM LORNA LUFT


Hi Everyone!

First, let me thank all of you for all of the messages of positive love and beautiful wishes. I have read all of them. They have meant the world to me and have overwhelmed me with great emotion. All of you will be getting a bill for all of the mascara and eye make-up that you have ruined...
kidding!

I finished my fourth chemo treatment today...yay! Two more to go! I'm feeling fine, in fact, I'm in Beverly Hills with my BFF doing some retail therapy (SHHHH, don't tell my husband!). By the way, he has been so wonderful, strong, loving, supportive, and just plain old terrific through this journey with me. When we got married he said, "for richer, for poorer...in sickness and in health," and he meant it. Of course, my children have been my rock and my reason to keep on this road. This road that hasn't been paved sparkling and smooth...more like bumpy, pot holes, and long dark curves. But now, I see the light at the end of this frightening race track. My core friends, they have been so startlingly helpful and so present with me. I cherish their friendship with all my heart.

This time in my life has been the biggest challenge I have ever undertaken. For me and everyone who has had to look cancer in the face, I thank my higher power every day that I live in a time where there are scientists and doctors who deal with cancer on a level of excellence and continue to push forward in the war on this disease!

I can't wait to get back to work in August. I look forward to being able to sing and say thank you to you all in person!

Love, Lorna


No comments:

Sunnyvale

Followers

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/thejudygarlandexperience/

The Judy Garland Experience

Web Site Counter
Free Counter

Blog Archive